Ah, January. It was nice knowin’ ya! Felt like I hardly got to spend time getting to know you, though.
Largely uneventful expect for the fact that I kicked my own ass into shape post holiday. Low mileage, but smart mileage. Lots of strength classes and resting and great food and I also bought a really cool coffee table from Wayfair.
Total miles: 67 mi
Days ran: 20
Total classes taken:
States ran in: NY & NJ
Races ran: Fred Lebow Half Marathon! Here here – the year of the half!
Days till New York City Half: 46 days!
Training to go: 24% complete, 76% to go
Favorite new jams:
- I Feel it Coming – Weeknd, Daft Punk
- Paris, Chainsmokers
- new John Mayer jams — sounds exactly like his oldies and goodies, so you probably already know all the words.
What I’m loving:
- My new Garmin Forerunner 35 – it’s back to basics, but it counts steps and HR and that just gives me an EDGE, ya know?
- Running with people – races with no headphones, Saturday morning run clubs, just generally chasing people on the run
- Asking for things, and a ‘why not me?’ attitude — ask and you shall (probably) receive
- PODCASTS while running. Highly recommend I’ll Have Another with Lindsey Hein if you’re in a fun mood and Terrible, Thanks for Asking if you’re in a terrible mood. Never not listening to Here to Make FriendsHere to Make Friends by Huffington Post.
What I’m not loving:
- Waking up early. Call it the Jersey in me, but I’ve had the worst time getting my boot up for AM runs.
- That the Runners World training app doesn’t sync with Strava/Garmin/anything. WHAT GIVES?
- News, generally
Favorite pictures from this month: